Brave Leadership is a Choice: Modeling Ways To Be InclusiveMar 01, 2023
Welcome to the work. I hope you’re ready. Perhaps you’re already on the journey to incorporating inclusive practices, or maybe you’re just getting started. Either way, you understand that inclusion is important and all human beings deserve to be valued and feel a sense of belonging.
Inclusion requires being open and mindful through learning and unlearning what is truly welcoming to all people. It requires you to form awareness from within yourself and the role you play in your life, whether you’re a leader, educator, employee, parent, friend, etc. Inclusion carries through the connections that make up your community. If you want people to trust that you, as an individual, are truly inclusive, you have to be able to naturally communicate that you welcome all people on a regular basis through your words, actions, and behaviors.
In 2020, The Aligned Values Framework™ was developed to support leaders and small business owners who wanted to incorporate genuinely inclusive messaging and practices into their businesses and leadership style. This framework became the foundation of our first inclusive online leadership development program, Empowered Branding, and now the book, Brave Leadership is a Choice: An Inclusive Guide to Creating Belonging.
The Aligned Values Framework™ is designed to help you:
- Clarify your understanding of inclusion
- Connect to create belonging from within
- Root in your role, core values, and commitments
- Disrupt and identify bias on personal, professional, and community levels
- Embody a leadership style that reflects your core values
- Create genuinely inclusive environments and aligned relationships
Brave Leadership is a Choice: An Inclusive Guide to Creating Belonging is for inclusive leaders who care about leading with a human-focused approach to co-create environments where all people can find a sense of belonging.
- If you’ve ever felt like you didn't belong in a space, this is for you.
- If you've ever found yourself in a scenario where someone made you think you weren't as inclusive as you thought, this is for you.
- If you believe all people deserve to be honored in their humanity, this is for you.
- If you want tools to help manage discomfort while disrupting and identifying bias, this is for you.
- If you want to embody a leadership style that is reflective of your core values, this is for you.
The Aligned Values Framework™ that Brave Leadership is a Choice is rooted in is for the leader who wants to evolve their leadership style. More importantly, it is intended to support people who are a part of marginalized groups through the advocacy of the brave leaders who commit themselves to doing the work to disrupt the status quo. You are invited to engage in this work with a judgment-free perspective as you navigate the process of incorporating the tools you need to be a truly empowered, inclusive, welcoming leader to all.
Start by downloading the Brave Leadership Resources and ordering your copy of Brave Leadership is a Choice: An Inclusive Guide to Creating Belonging from BraveLeadershipChoice.com.
Join the Aligned Values mailing list to receive updates and tips about mindful, inclusive business and leadership practices.
Don't worry, your information will not be shared. Crystal Lily Creative will never sell your information, for any reason.